[Mimedefang] Upgrade annoyance

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jul 15 10:13:37 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:06:04AM -0400, Charles wrote:
> Since the upgrade, the $names variable expands to having a %2C instead
> of a comma between the test names as in:
>
> BAYES_80%2CDNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL%2CEXCUSE_1%2CHTML_80_90
>
> Now I recognize that 2C is the ASCII code for a comma, but I don't know
> why it's coming through in that form.  I'm guessing there's something in
> my Perl that might be off, but I'm hoping someone here might know a
> little better where to look.

Since the format parsed by graphdefang is comma-separated,
md_graphdefang_log() was changed between 2.51 and 2.52 to escape all
commas within the logged information so that the resulting log message
is guaranteed to be parseable regardless of how many extra commas might
appear in the data.

Cheers,
Dave
--