[Mimedefang] [off-topic] Help with AOL Postmaster Problem

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Sat Jul 16 13:24:02 EDT 2005

Hi All:

Apologies in advance for off-topic post but it is for a good cause and if
anyone will know an answer, it's most likely to come from the Anti-SPAM
community.

My company is pro bono handling the website and donating all the time to
handle mailing list, web design, paypal coordination, and more for Susan
Torres, a pregnant woman who collapsed from an aneurysm and is brain dead
from a cancer.  However, with her wishes and her families support they are
trying to save her unborn child.  The site is
http://www.susantorresfund.org/ if you want to know more.

However, on the more technical side, we have thousands and thousands of
subscribers to the mailing list but AOL started rate limiting us on
Thursday.  We are vigilant anti-spammers and run a tight ship so we are not
blacklisted or BUT we aren't whitelisted either.  This is causing heavy
queuing and complaints from customers all around.

I have spoken at length to AOL's Postmaster Help Desk but they are telling
me 5 days to 3 weeks to process the whitelist request which we placed on
Friday.  In the meantime, our customers are getting mad about their email,
our servers are filling up on deferred emails and there is also major news
expected on Monday the 18th which will make the issue much worse.

The AOL Postmaster Case # is 155527142.  The Ticket is 995445.  The IP that
needs whitelisting is 209.225.49.10.  Anyone who has any contacts that can
help escalate and resolve this issue as soon as possible (and hopefully
before the 18th) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin A. McGrail aka KAM
Chairman
Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation
3927 Old Lee Hwy, Suite 102-C
Fairfax City, VA 22030-2422
http://www.pccc.com/
800-823-8402 - 703-359-8451 Fax