[Mimedefang] Re: Sendmail config (slightly OT) (Ashley M. Kirchner)

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Jan 12 16:10:56 EST 2005

Dirk the Daring wrote:

>>       /etc/mail/mailertable
>>          pcraft.com      esmtp:spool.pcraft.com
>>          yeehaw.net      esmtp:swiri.yeehaw.net
>>

>   OK, so what do you do if SOME of the addresses @pcraft.com need to go
>to spool.pcraft.com and the rest need to go to otherserver.pcraft.com ?

    I don't have that setup.  All domains reside on one (respective)
server (on other words, I don't have any domains split over multiple
machines, at least not for e-mail - I have one central mail spooler for
the majority of the domains, and two additional ones for some others.)

>>       /etc/mail/relay-domains
>>          Contains every single domain hosted across our entire network
>>

>   The problem here is that I lose the ability to blacklist by recipient
>in /etc/mail/access

    No you don't.  I have individual recipient blocked in my
/etc/mail/access file and it works just fine.  access gets read after
relay-domains.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.