[Mimedefang] Re: Sendmail config (slightly OT) (Ashley M. Kirchner)

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Wed Jan 12 15:20:46 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>Dirk the Daring wrote:
>
>>	2) How can I host multiple Domains on a relay without
>>		being forced to add the Domains to /etc/access
>>
>    Yes.  I have one master incoming MX which then forwards to the final
>servers:

   Thanks for replying, Ashley.

   Yep, I do that too. All the Domains have MX records pointing to this
one relay server.

>        /etc/mail/mailertable
>           pcraft.com      esmtp:spool.pcraft.com
>           yeehaw.net      esmtp:swiri.yeehaw.net

   OK, so what do you do if SOME of the addresses @pcraft.com need to go
to spool.pcraft.com and the rest need to go to otherserver.pcraft.com ?

>        /etc/mail/local-host-names
>        /etc/mail/generics-domains
>           these files have ONE entry in them, and that's the MX's FQDN

   Hmmm....interesting. Hadn't thot of that.

>incoming e-mail gets denied or accepted based on each individual
>(recipient) server's virtusertable.  This way I don't have to maintain
>one master file for everyone's server.  They can do that themselves.

   Well, I am *it* for the mail guru, so I might as well have one
central place.

>        /etc/mail/relay-domains
>           Contains every single domain hosted across our entire network

   The problem here is that I lose the ability to blacklist by recipient
in /etc/mail/access

   I think I've resigned myself to having a rather complex access db.