[Mimedefang] Redirecting email with mimedefang

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Tue Feb 8 10:30:56 EST 2005

If it is always going to be "spam at SOMEDOMAIN.COM" then you could easily write
a generic rule to do this, probably in filter_end since you want to divert
based on spamassassin results I assume.
The you simply make sure sendmail has an alias or virtuser or real user for
spam at everydomainyouacceptmailfor.com

This would allow you to not have to change your filter everytime you
provision a new account and control the spam at somedomain.com forwards by
sendmails normal means, and still get your desired results. As far as
documentation goes... the code should be self evident, if not, use
comments! ;-)

Jim

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:59:07 -0500, Kris Deugau wrote
> Paul Murphy wrote:
> > No, it is not a good idea to do it here.  The correct places are in
> > the local aliases file, or in virtusertable within Sendmail.
>
> Only if you're not redirecting based on the results of MIMEDefang
> processing.  I have a system set up for domain hosting that redirects
> anything tagged as spam into a separate "spam at domain" account.  I can't
> do this at delivery, because I'm not using procmail or some other
> similarly configurable delivery agent.  I can't just insert an alias
> or virtuser entry, because not all email should be diverted.
>
> And I *really* don't feel like creating custom sendmail delivery
> rulesets (not even sure if that would work...) when MIMEDefang can do
> the job in (relatively) clear and straightforward Perl.
>
> > Also, most admins will expect redirects to be done by Sendmail, and
> > so the transparency of your system is affected - important if you
> > have multiple admins, or you leave.
>
> That's why you document what you've done.  <g>
>
> -kgd
> --
> Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!

EsisNet.com Webmail Client