[Mimedefang] Redirecting email with mimedefang

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Tue Feb 8 11:21:57 EST 2005

James Ebright wrote:
> If it is always going to be "spam at SOMEDOMAIN.COM" then you could
> easily write a generic rule to do this, probably in filter_end since
> you want to divert based on spamassassin results I assume.
> The you simply make sure sendmail has an alias or virtuser or real
> user for spam at everydomainyouacceptmailfor.com

In my case, the "spam at domain.com" address is as real as any other domain
email address, and delivered to an inbox in exactly the same manner.
It's per-domain, so each domain gets an inbox full of the spam that
would have otherwise shown up in their individual inboxes.

> This would allow you to not have to change your filter everytime you
> provision a new account and control the spam at somedomain.com forwards
> by sendmails normal means, and still get your desired results.

I actually have a set of hash files that contain information about the
hosted domains and how email is to be handled for them, as well as the
list of valid users for each domain.  It means I don't have to change
mimedefang-filter to change certain aspects of handling domain email.
Unfortunately, I seem to have to reload MD to get changes to show up.
It hasn't been enough of a problem for me to investigate why.

> As far
> as documentation goes... the code should be self evident, if not, use
> comments! ;-)

<g>

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!