Even sillier disclaimers (was Re: [Mimedefang] defang startuperrors)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Dec 12 10:06:30 EST 2005

Todd Aiken wrote:

> Ignore the text that follows this disclaimer which says that all
> disclaimers in the above text are NULL AND VOID and that they can be
> ignored.  That disclaimer is false-the above is true.

Well! :-) We have an arms race, then.  I'll change my disclaimer
to read "This disclaimer supersedes all other disclaimers, even if
the other disclaimers claim otherwise.  This is a NUCLEAR POWERED
disclaimer that will ATOMIZE all other disclaimers.  This disclaimer
is TOP DOG."

/me goes to write AI code to search out and remove disclaimers...

(But actually, there is a serious point, because I'm sure it's quite
frequent that in an e-mail exchange, duelling and incompatible
disclaimers get added as the message travels around...)