[Mimedefang] Dual system: filter_recipient and sendmail

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Apr 21 17:42:29 EDT 2005

Kelson wrote:
> Feyaerts Vincent wrote:
>> Is there a way in filter_recipient to return a value and say to
>> sendmail: "I don't know", check your aliases and virtusertable (in
>> other words: standard sendmail procedure). So in short:
>> filter_recipient should respond "ok" (LDAP search was good) or
>> "sendmail, you check it".. it's this last thing. I need this because
>> many e-mail addresses are just not available in our LDAP repository..
> So what you need to do is break down the address space by which
> servers handle it.  Instead of doing an LDAP lookup for all
> addresses, only do it for those that will be going to the Exchange
> boxes.  Return CONTINUE or REJECT for those based on the LDAP result,
> and then CONTINUE for everything else, letting sendmail take care of
> the rest.

Also consider:
* sendmail address routing via LDAP
	recent versions of sendmail only
* md_check_against_smtp_server()
	http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RelayCheckAddresses
* generating an access file to mirror the LDAP repository
	http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?Exchange2Access

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"