[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Apr 22 11:59:31 EDT 2005

--On Friday, April 22, 2005 11:04 AM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> And where possible, use packaged software from your vendor.  Most modern
> Linux/BSD/Solaris boxes come with a milter-enabled Sendmail, for example,
> so you can usually skip section 3 as well.

It's amazing how many howto's start out with the advice to avoid RPM
because it's too hard or because you can never satisfy the dependencies and
advise the user to just "build from source", as if that wasn't possible
with RPM. Even those that accept RPM will sometimes encourage the use of
--force. I guess this comes from the same school that, under Windows,
advises rebooting and reinstalling to fix problems, instead of actually
understanding the underlying system so the problems don't recur.