[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Apr 22 11:04:51 EDT 2005

Kenneth Porter wrote:

>> When I installed Mimedefang 2.48  (back last November) I followed the
>> mimedefang howto at:  http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/
>> because gave me a step by step that was easy to follow and understand.

> Alas, that HOWTO isn't very good for a Red Hat setup.

It also has some distracting instructions like installing Webmail,
POP3 and IMAP servers, which really have nothing to do with MIMEDefang.
It's a good HOWTO, but skip section 4 completely.

And where possible, use packaged software from your vendor.  Most modern
Linux/BSD/Solaris boxes come with a milter-enabled Sendmail, for example,
so you can usually skip section 3 as well.