[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamd funcitonsofspamassassin?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Apr 12 13:52:37 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:
> Keith Patton wrote:
>> The best I can figure out is that mimedefang is using spamassassin
>> -t and not spamc/spamd.
>>
>> Is there anyone out here that has accomplished getting it to use
>> spamc/spamd?  or does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish with
>> the least amount of effort?
>
> The best idea I've heard (IMHO - others disagree) is to write a
> SpamAssassin::Client perl module that contacts spamd (via the socket)
> and call that from MIMEDefang.

Hmmm... on further reflection, your original request was for per-user SpamAssassin preferences.

I think your best bet is to turn OFF MIMEDefang's SpamAssassin integration, and run it from procmail.

Any MTA-integrated SpamAssassin calls are by their nature user-independent (since a given piece of email can have multiple recipients).  I think you're stuck with MUA calls only.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"