[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamd funcitons ofspamassassin?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Apr 12 13:24:38 EDT 2005

Keith Patton wrote:
> The best I can figure out is that mimedefang is using spamassassin -t
> and not spamc/spamd.
>
> Is there anyone out here that has accomplished getting it to use
> spamc/spamd?  or does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish with
> the least amount of effort?

The best idea I've heard (IMHO - others disagree) is to write a SpamAssassin::Client perl module that contacts spamd (via the socket) and call that from MIMEDefang.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"