[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamdfuncitonsofspamassassin?

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Tue Apr 12 14:27:09 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> Hmmm... on further reflection, your original request was for per-user
> SpamAssassin preferences.
>
> I think your best bet is to turn OFF MIMEDefang's SpamAssassin
> integration, and run it from procmail.

I have to agree;  per-user SA from MIMEDefang is decidedly non-trivial.

> Any MTA-integrated SpamAssassin calls are by their nature
> user-independent (since a given piece of email can have multiple
> recipients).  I think you're stuck with MUA calls only.

Not necessarily;  see stream_by_recipient().

On the other hand, that *does* eliminate any of the performance gains
you might make by calling SA at the MTA layer once per message, rather
than once per recipient.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!