[Mimedefang] roaringpenguin.com is listed in rfc-ignorant

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 28 21:00:38 EDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Fernando Gleiser wrote:

>     If the publicly listed MX record for domain refuses to accept mail with
> a originator given as <>, then the domain will be considered a viable
> candidate for inclusion in the zone.

My domain accepts mail from <>.  Just not for postmaster.  We never
send out mail from <postmaster at roaringpenguin.com>; there's no reason
to expect a DSN for that address.

I defy anyone to show me an RFC that says an SMTP implementation
MUST accept mail from <> to <postmaster at ...>

If rfc-ignorant is blocking based on SHOULDs, then they're doing everyone
a disservice.