[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 13:35:11 EST 2004

The problem is not a permissions issue - it's
intermittently failing to create mimedefang.sock when
restarted under load (LA above 1) or after it's been
'running for a while'.

> I'd suggest upping the logging of MD and seeing
> what's going on.
> Knowledge of the OS and MD versions here would be
> *very* useful -
> without knowing them the problem could be anything.
> Details of your
> hardware and current load status (cpu load, memory
> usage etc) would
> probably help too.

>From what I understand it's libmilter that creates the
socket; mimedefang.c sets the socket using
smfi_setconn and calls smfi_main to initialise and
create.

Maybe it's worth calling smfi_opensocket to explicitly
create the socket prior to calling smfi_main as a
double check.

Anyway, this must be an issue with the way libmilter
closes and then reopens the socket. 'mimdefang' (the
milter) is running at the time (I guess it's also
waiting for the socket; return from smfi_main).

Chris

redhat 8.0
sendmail-8.13.0
mimedefang-2.43