[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:43:40 EST 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:13:39 -0600, Alex S Moore <asmoore at edge.net> wrote:
> See the sendmail README and SECURITY documents.  There are multiple
> reasons that sendmail posts this message.  Generally, group and world
> writable permissions are not allowed within the directory hierarchy or
> where the socket in question resides.  This includes the socket.  You
> can get around this with the DontBlameSendmail option, but I would fix
> the permissions.

Actually, I think his problem is the 3+ minute delay from starting MD
to having the socket created.

I'd suggest upping the logging of MD and seeing what's going on.
Knowledge of the OS and MD versions here would be *very* useful -
without knowing them the problem could be anything.  Details of your
hardware and current load status (cpu load, memory usage etc) would
probably help too.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor