[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Wed Nov 3 12:13:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 08:34 -0800, Chris Masters wrote:
> sendmail starts and 'mimedefang.sock unsafe' milter
> errors ensue - this can lead to system meltdown if
> left BTW.
>
> pid files are copied to /var/run.
>
> Is this normal? i.e. is this be a configuration issue
> or normal behaviour on a loaded system?

See the sendmail README and SECURITY documents.  There are multiple
reasons that sendmail posts this message.  Generally, group and world
writable permissions are not allowed within the directory hierarchy or
where the socket in question resides.  This includes the socket.  You
can get around this with the DontBlameSendmail option, but I would fix
the permissions.

Alex