[Mimedefang] mimedefang.sock

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Nov 3 13:56:48 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Chris Masters wrote:

> Maybe it's worth calling smfi_opensocket to explicitly
> create the socket prior to calling smfi_main as a
> double check.

Unfortunately, smfi_opensocket is a _FFR in Sendmail 8.12,
so the configure script would have to detect whether or
not it's available.

> Anyway, this must be an issue with the way libmilter
> closes and then reopens the socket. 'mimdefang' (the
> milter) is running at the time (I guess it's also
> waiting for the socket; return from smfi_main).

libmilter shouldn't be closing and reopening the socket,
should it?  It only gets closed at the end when milter is
shutting down.

I've never seen the behavior you describe.  Can you strace
the milter to see what's happening?