[Mimedefang] FW: final fillter setup

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue May 11 12:16:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Andrew Jayes wrote:

> Unless the mail is 'not forged' and was actually sent by that sender address.

I haven't seen a virus in over a year that does *not* forge the sender
address.

The proper way to deal with this kind of thing, if you wish to leave open
the possibility of sender notification, is with a 5xx failure code
(aka action_bounce).

> My point being that I would like to tell my clients if they have
> accidentally sent in an email containing a virus.

The way I look at it, if you run Windows, you are a danger to the
community, and you should already know that by now. :-)