[Mimedefang] Need Tip on Filter

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 23 06:47:42 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:50:54 -0700
Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca> wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2004 at 21:21, Peter A. Cole wrote:
>

> Not all mail with Habeas headers is spam, though YMMV depending on
> the mix of mail you receive.
>
> Rather than dropping all Habeas mail, I prefer to maintain a local
> ruleset which triggers on URIs used by known Habeas SWE infringers.
>
> I've attached it to this email; you should be able to drop the .cf
> into /etc/mail/spamassassin and restart mimedefang.
>
> ----
> Nels Lindquist <*>
> Information Systems Manager
> Morningstar Air Express Inc.

Thanks Nels,

I think I'll leave it as is though as it is successfully working with Michael's tips on how to put it into place.

All my spam simply gets redirected to a "spamdrop" so I can monitor it for false positives. In fact, I've already had to whitelist a few addresses due to legitimate mail coming through to the spamdrop, and this was put there by SA, not the additional filters I've added.

Pete