[Mimedefang] Latest MIME-Tools

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Mar 22 13:16:13 EST 2004

On 21 Mar 2004 at 18:14, Justin wrote:

<snip>

> If it's needed then that's what we'll use.  I'm hoping to get the demo
> info this week so I can try it out during this week of configuration and
> next week of testing.  If we buy Can-It Pro then hopefully we can get some
> help setting up PostgreSQL right since we really don't know how.

Which RedHat distribution are you using?  PostgreSQL RPMs have been
included on the CD (though not necessarily installed by default) at
least as far back as 6.2, and if you want a more recent version,
binary and source RPMs can be downloaded directly from
http://www.postgresql.org/.

> Actually I hope we can get some help in a few months when we finally dump
> Redhat and switch to something better, hopefully Gentoo.

"Better" is somewhat subjective. :-)

Having to recompile from source every time there's, let's say, a
security patch for glibc doesn't strike me as necessarily superior to
a binary package when you're talking about server maintenance.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.