[Mimedefang] Question about what to do with discovered spam.

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:58:08 EST 2004

I use the following, which does exactly that.  Well, actually it creates 2
attachments.  The first is the original email in text form - ideal for
reporting spam.  The second is the original email as if it was forwarded -
ideal for reading it if mis-tagged.

Watch out for line wrapping!

# Record who it was for
action_add_header("X-Orig-Rcpts", join(", ", @Recipients));

# Remove original recipients
foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
        delete_recipient($recip);
}

# Send to the postmaster
add_recipient('postmaster at the-macgregors.org');

# A container for the original message
my $raw_container = MIME::Entity->build(
                Type            => 'text/plain',
                Description     => 'Raw message',
                Data            => [ "" ],
        );

my $container = MIME::Entity->build(
                Type            => 'message/rfc822',
                Description     => 'Original message',
                Data            => [ "" ],
        );

my $parser = new MIME::Parser;
open(IN, '< INPUTMSG');
my $original = $parser->parse(\*IN);
close(IN);

$original->head()->replace('X-Relay-Addr', $RelayAddr);
$RelayHostname ||= 'N/A';
$original->head()->replace('X-Relay-Host', $RelayHostname);
$original->head()->replace('X-Relay-Time', scalar(localtime));

# Add the original message to the container
$raw_container->add_part($original);
$container->add_part($original);

my $reportPart = MIME::Entity->build(
                Type            => 'text/plain',
                Description     => 'spam warning',
                Data            => [

$report
                                        ],
        );

$entity->parts([$reportPart]);
$entity->head()->mime_attr('content-type' => 'multipart/mixed');
$entity->head()->mime_attr('content-type.boundary'
                                => '------------=_' . scalar(time) .

$entity->add_part($raw_container);
$entity->add_part($container);
action_change_header('Subject', "SPAM ($hits): $Subject");
action_rebuild();

It's based heavily on somebody else's work, sadly I don't remember who.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?