[Mimedefang] Question about what to do with discovered spam.

James Beal James.Beal at denovopharma.com
Fri Feb 27 06:15:29 EST 2004

Using the example mimedefang filter when a message gets tagged as spam we do the following.

action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", " ($score) $hits $names");
md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);

# If you find the SA report useful, add it, I guess...
action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest",
                     "$report\n",
                     "SpamAssassinReport.txt", "inline");

In outlook at least this adds a mime part that is the spam report.

What I would prefer is to create a new mail message which has the same subject as the original, which has its body as the spam report and has the original email as an attachment. Any guidance would be appreciated.