[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 24 15:56:28 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:

> Assuming you are right, how do I add a new check to SA using an external
> program without a lot of programming effort or having to become an SA
> guru?  RTFM works when TFM is organized and readable, so at least spare
> me that.

You can add it to SA

-- or --

you can add it into MIMEDefang.  Just do your test in the Perl filter and
add to the $hits returned by spam_assassin_check.  This is a quick-n-dirty
way to get it running; if it looks good, you can spend the effort to add
it into SA itself and contribute it back to the SA code base.

(I hope TFMs that come with MIMEDefang are acceptable...)