[Mimedefang] Replacing SpamAssassin with DSPAM

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Feb 24 16:32:39 EST 2004

> Assuming you are right, how do I add a new check to SA using an external
> program without a lot of programming effort or having to become an SA
> guru?  RTFM works when TFM is organized and readable, so at least spare
> me that.

I think David has pointed out a simple and elegant way to do it largely with
MD and modify the $hits.  Hacking it into SA itself might not be in your
capabilities BUT the crossover of SA to MD is very large.  If you got
something working in MD and could justify the results, a post on bugzilla
would most likely be very well received with others doing the actual
implementation.

> I'm not sure I agree with this argument.  The world is full of products
and
> companies that beat established and respected predecessors.  I'd much
> rather still be using WordPerfect, but guess what B$ I have to use at
work?

It's not meant to be an in-depth argument that no one would do it.  Simply
that I would not see the benefit in doing so.

Regards,

KAM