[Mimedefang] minor upgrade of clamav, email not being scanned...

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:59:37 EST 2004

I think "tracks" is being hopeful.  Currently the -devel port is using the
snapshot from 10 days ago.  I wouldn't call that "tracking".

Of course, it means that you should be fairly safe using it - I did until
0.67 came out.  Gave up waiting on the ports :)

> I figured as much and things are working now. How do I "up
> the log settings"
> for clamav. I turned on "debug" in the clamav.conf and all it
> did was report
> lots of info when it started up, but nothing when it was running.

There is a verbose option too, and one to report clean files.  Worth
switching those on.

> But I'm still curious why group permissions wouldn't be good
> enough to get
> this going. There's something I'm not understanding here.

AFAIK the MD directories (and possibly the files) are owner only access.
This means the group approach is a non-starter.

--
Rob