[Mimedefang] minor upgrade of clamav, email not being scanned...

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:53:49 EST 2004

Worth saying that the version of clamav in the ports is old (0.65), though
the clamav-devel port is somewhat more current.  It looks like the
maintainers of the clamav ports aren't quite so active as could be hoped
for.

> clamd is running, mimedefang will complain if I stop it.
>
> I suspect a permission problem but I don't see where (and I'm
> a bit of a
> dummy).

If you up the log settings for clamd you'll find that the problem is that
it's passed a directory to scan.  As that directory is only accessible to
the user mailnull you have to run clamd as mailnull.

--
Rob