[Mimedefang] minor upgrade of clamav, email not being scanned...

Lee Dilkie lee at dilkie.com
Thu Feb 19 22:07:23 EST 2004

> Lee Dilkie wrote:
> >

> > Is it a requirement that mimedefang/sendmail and clamd all
> run as the same
> > user?
>
> AFAIK, yes. Never been able to get it to run any other way.
> Think its a socket's permission thing.
>
> Jon
> --

well if that's the case then that explains it.... I'm somewhat new to this
user/group permission stuff so I assumed that they could run as different
users (since the install packages create the different users and install
scripts that run them as those users). I thought group permissions would
take care of all this but I guess not...

any idea why mimedefang would complain (unsafe socket) if the
/var/spool/MIMEdefang directory becomes group writable?

-lee