[Mimedefang] memory leak?

Michael Faurot mfaurot at atww.org
Wed Feb 11 01:30:40 EST 2004

In article <Pine.OSF.4.21.0402102204170.362823-100000 at mhc.mtholyoke.edu> you wrote:

> There is one additional change.  Debian stable updated perl in the last
> few days.  It was ostensibly a security upgrade.  I don't know what other
> fixes may have been applied.

I build MD and SA directly from the sources.  After doing the
Debian/Stable upgrade to Perl, SA couldn't talk to its Bayes databases.
This was noticed by way of log entries like this:

Feb  9 11:50:28 mail mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Cannot open
bayes databases /path/to/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:

To fix this, I had to do a new install of DB_File from CPAN to get things
working again.  Other than that quirk, I've seen no other ill effects
from the Debian/Stable Perl update.