[Mimedefang] memory leak?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 11 08:15:15 EST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:

> > As Dave Skoll mentioned explicitly.
> > Don't use the embedded perl with perl 5.6, you need to use 5.8.

> Dave, did you say that?

I can't remember, but I know I did have problems with Perl 5.6.

As far as I can see from my brief encounter while trying to embed Perl
in C, the Perl innards are a Seething Mess of Ugliness.  I followed
the "perlembed" manual to a tee, and yet it still segfaults
mysteriously on some systems if I try to destroy and re-create the
Perl interpreter. :-(

On Red Hat 8 and 9, and Fedora Core 1, everything seems to work nicely with
the embedded Perl interpreter.  On other platforms, for whatever reason, I've
had problems.

> There is one additional change.  Debian stable updated perl in the last
> few days.  It was ostensibly a security upgrade.  I don't know what other
> fixes may have been applied.

That may have fixed it.