[Mimedefang] memory leak?

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Tue Feb 10 22:14:35 EST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Lucas Albers wrote:

> As Dave Skoll mentioned explicitly.
> Don't use the embedded perl with perl 5.6, you need to use 5.8.

Dave, did you say that?  I can't find that anywhere.  Right now I'm back
to using embedded perl, and everything's been fine all day.  I did bump up
my max slaves also, but otherwise my configuration should be identical to
what I had when things broke down.  Could there be any ill effects if the
max slaves limit gets hit?  I had it at 30, and moved up to 40.  I've seen
the stats log go up to 35.  I should maybe increase my headroom even
further.

There is one additional change.  Debian stable updated perl in the last
few days.  It was ostensibly a security upgrade.  I don't know what other
fixes may have been applied.

And of course MIMEDefang and kin may have nothing to do with this.  I hate
intermittent infrequent problems.  :)