[Mimedefang] OT: Advanced Email System

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 3 08:04:00 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:

> That project IS NOT CanIt workalike!!! Mail filtering is a small (but
> important) part of the project.

OK.

[...]

> I don't want to argue about licenses any more. I don't care about them.

That's a dangerous attitude.  Licenses are there for a reason; you have
to obey them scrupulously.  Open-source software authors are generally just
as concerned about their copyrights as closed-source authors.

I don't mean to belabor the subject, but to protect yourself, I
suggest you gather all the software you intend to use, list all the
licenses, and then talk to a lawyer to see what is or isn't possible.