[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.42 + group directory permissions

Guido mimedefang.at.lists.roaringpenguin.com at starbase12.cjb.net
Thu Apr 8 11:16:59 EDT 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 10:10, Rob wrote:
> > Well, I'm still seeing the exact same problem with 2.42 as with 2.41.
> > Guido's patch
> > (http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-Apr
> > il/021582.
> > html) solves it for me.  Can I request that this patch is
> > applied to the tree for 2.43 please!
>
> I take it back, it worked fine for the duration of my testing.  The
> second I started passing real email through it all went to pot :(  I'm
> back to the following:

I saw another "Problem running virus-scanner" in my log today, so apparently
my patch has indeed not been working as perfectly as I had hoped. And here's
the strangeness again.... when the message was again being offered for
delivery about a 20 minutes later, without me having changed things,
MIMEDefang decided not to tempfail or have problems with the virusscanner but
instead this time it nicely rejects the email because of it containing the
Netsky.P virus.

Kind regards,

Guido

--