[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.42 + group directory permissions

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 09:57:20 EDT 2004

Nope, or at least not really:

/mdefang-i38DmHK4019970:
total 42
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 14:48 .
drwxr-x---  4 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 14:48 ..
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull    373 Apr  8 14:48 COMMANDS
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull    325 Apr  8 14:48 HEADERS
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  31014 Apr  8 14:48 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull      0 Apr  8 14:48 RESULTS
drwxr-x---  2 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 14:48 Work

/mdefang-i38DmHK4019970/Work:
total 66
drwxr-x---  2 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 14:48 .
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull    512 Apr  8 14:48 ..
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull  31079 Apr  8 14:48 INPUTMBOX
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  30685 Apr  8 14:48 msg-19606-3.txt

It's almost as if some of the files are being created AFTER the chmod
runs.  However even doing an explicit sync before and after the chmod
doesn't change it.

Actually, that's a thought.  The md_copy_orig... function is called
afterwards, hang on...

Yup, that did it.  It looks like, at least part of, the problem is that
the md_copy_orig... functions don't set any group access permissions.
The Work directory permissions are still confusing me, but at least I've
got a hack for the time being.

Thanks.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?