[Mimedefang] large systems

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Sep 27 11:23:01 EDT 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, John Scully wrote:

> I would strongly recommend using mysql, and designing the DB to have
> many tables, broken down by the first two letters of the mailbox (i.e.
> mailboxaa, mailboxab, mailboxac etc).

I would recommend CanIt-PRO, of course. :-) The DB and Web interface
are already done for you, as is the ability to have per-user
customization.

Internally, it uses PostgreSQL which appears (to me, at least) to be a
bit more "industrial strength" than MySQL under heavy load.  At least
so far, we haven't had to resort to hacks like splitting up mailbox
tables.