[Mimedefang] Re: RCVD_IN_ORBS

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Wed Sep 17 10:37:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Martin J. Dellwo wrote:

> In my logs, it showed that it is denying access because it is matching
> internal non-routable hosts IP addresses in the 10.* network--such as
> the network our internal emails servers are on...  I turned this check
> off, which I had directly in my sendmail.mc file.  I was wondering how I
> might do RBL  checks within MD/SA but first check for internal allowed
> relaying hosts and skip the RBL checks for those hosts.

You'd have to set the SALocalTestOnly = 1 variable, and then
roll your own blacklist checks and do the decision making in
MD. Or, find and edit the SA conf files into new ones, taking out the
blacklist checks. Then, when you init the spamassassin object, there is an
option to specify a conf file. Use the new conf file for the internal
hosts with which you want to skip the tests. Or you might be able to
simple override the BL tests in a local.cf and not have to do that
much.

Simplistic BL checking can happen like this:

sub filter_end_dnsrbl {

   my ($entity) = @_;

   return if message_rejected();

   @dnsrbl = qw(relays.ordb.org inputs.relays.osirusoft.com
                bl.spamcop.net);

   foreach $dnsrbl (@dnsrbl) {
      $ret = relay_is_blacklisted($RelayAddr, $dnsrbl);
      if ($ret) { #check for type of $ret later
         action_add_header("X-Blacklist-Warning-$count",
            "Relay $RelayAddr is blacklisted by $dnsrbl [$ret]");
         md_graphdefang_log('dnsrbl', $RelayAddr, $ret);
      }

   }

}

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
faster than others.                          | leareth at angui.sh