[Mimedefang] Re: Great open letter about anti-virus, emails, bounces, etc.

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Sep 18 02:38:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Royce Williams wrote:

> Hrm ... I would expect that most ISPs would base your "relay-ability"
> on whether or not you were coming from their IP space.  If you're coming
> from a single site (if I understand you correctly) then you're coming
> from IP space that they own, which should give you a blank check for
> relaying through the ISP's mail servers -- regardless of what domain

This is exactly what many don't do. And sometimes (in some underdeveloped
countries :-) you must use one particular ISP (aka monopoly), which in its
undeterminable mind decided to charge you extra for the "service" to NOT
reset your From and Reply-To headers.

E.g. I cannot easily take part on SF.net mailing lists or mail their
accounts, as they block DULs.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser