[Mimedefang] Weird MimeDefang Loop.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 9 19:58:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> They have a similar set up which sent mail back to us because it had
> over 50 attachments... so-on and so-forth.. we didnt see any problems
> until we reached 30,000 or so attachments.

This should never happen.  The bounce from MIMEDefang returns a 5xx
failure code.  The sending relay should compose a message from "<>".  If
anyone rejects _that_ message, no further bounce messages should get
generated -- it should go into the bit-bucket.

I strongly suspect a serious misconfiguration on the other end.