[Mimedefang] Replacing mimedefang.pl functions

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Thu Oct 9 18:19:05 EDT 2003

At 02:39 PM 10/9/2003, Nels Lindquist wrote:
>Is there a relatively easy way to add (or replace) functions called
>in mimedefang.pl from within mimedefang-filter?

What I usually do is copy the existing function into a file I call
mimedefang-custom.pl, then rename it.  I make my modifications, then change
all references in mimedefang-filter to call the modified function.

As long as the function is only called from mimedefang-filter (or you only
need the modifications when called from there), you're fine.  If you need
to change something that's *called* by a function in mimedefang.pl, then
you're stuck back at the beginning.

Kelson Vibber