[Mimedefang] per user configuration in MD

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Oct 9 16:53:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> We're in the process of deploying MD on our mail clusters primarily to
> provide a reliable milter interface to clamd.  There is obviously
> potential for MD to do alot more than this, particularly if we can come up
> with a good method of allowing 'per-user' options.

The usual way is to use stream_by_recipient and then look up the per-recipient
preferences somehow (eg in a database.)

Not to push it too much, but CanIt-PRO does exactly what you need,
and includes a nice Web interface for end-users to add their own
rules, whitelists, blacklists, etc.  It also can adapt to whatever
mechanism you're using for mapping e-mail addresses to users, and will
hook in to any existing authentication mechanism so users can log in
to the Web interface.

(Just a note: Sales of CanIt and CanIt-PRO are now our only source of
revenue; we don't do consulting any more.  So if you buy
CanIt/CanIt-PRO, you're helping to support MIMEDefang. :-))