[Mimedefang] Notifying virus recipients

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Fri May 16 03:30:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003, alan premselaar wrote:

> notifications to non-existant email addresses (also used by viruses as the
> sender) that your mail server will waste resources in attempting to send the
> mail, having it fail, queueing it to try again (lather, rinse, repeat)
>
> if you get enough of these types of viruses, it could get pretty messy.
>
> at my offices, all postmaster mail has to be forwarded to an actual user
> (policy) ... that user is me. i got really tired of having masses of "mail
> could not be sent" return messages from the mail server because of trying to
> send to invalid email addresses. (we were sending notifications to senders
> of certain file types included in the mail.  that has now since stopped)

.. ah, good. Thats what I needed to send to him.
That fixes the notification issue.

Now, just need to get a handle on an atomic operation set including
filter_recipients() and I'll be happy.

(Has anyone here tried to do per-recipient configurable checks?
Thats my basic goal here.)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"It shouldn't take an hour and a half for
<adrian at creative.net.au>	  "any woman to take a bath."