[Mimedefang] mimedefang and rezor not working

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Mon May 5 13:29:00 EDT 2003

"troy lebouef" wrote:
>What do you think about this ?? I am running cloudmark client on outlook
>... I also have the razor working with spamassassin. Here is the
>situation. I get a spam that is not caught by spamassassin/razor but it
>is identified by cloudmark client on my workstation. I don't understand
>why the difference ??

The difference is time.  Remember that Razor/Cloudmark works by having
people report spam.  Until it's been reported, it won't show up.

Suppose a spam gets sent out, and it hits a whole bunch of servers at once,
including yours.  It's new, so when your mail server checks it with Razor,
it doesn't find it.  10 minutes late, you check your email with
Outlook.  During those 10 minutes, someone else has gotten the spam and
reported it.  So now it's in the database, and when Cloudmark checks it, it
does find it.

Kelson Vibber