[Mimedefang] Mimedefang daemons won't stop

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Tue Mar 25 15:57:00 EST 2003

Benny Pedersen wrote:
> the init script does not stop the multiplexor for some reason :(
> if you kill the pid for the multiplexor all the rest of the pids will
> stop

I'm curious which initscript people are using;  I've been using the one
that gets put in /etc/init.d by make install and I've yet to have
trouble since ~2.14 or so.

> i still miss the rpm pakages with all perls mimedefang needs, i have
> just install the perls i have found, so dependice on rpmbuild for
> mimedefang will fail even for a working perl install :)

If you're looking for a set of all of the bits and pieces needed for
MIMEDefang, SpamAssassin, and Vipul's Razor (and all of the supporting
perl modules) I've collected (almost) everything together on my FTP:
ftp://ftp.deepnet.cx/pub/devel.

I've got binary packages built on RH7.3, and last time I checked I had
.src.rpms for everything as well so you can roll your own on other
RedHat releases.  YMMV on other distros, sorry.  :/

-kgd
apartment it is.