[Mimedefang] MIME::Parser: can't open tmpfile

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Tue Mar 25 14:17:00 EST 2003

Hi Dmitry,

>I think I found why I have this error on my main mail server. The reason is
>that I have $SALocalTestsOnly = 0; in mimedefang-filter So I added this
>configuration option to my secondary mail server's MD config and got the same
>thing.

Hmmmmm.

>Now I can defenetely tell that this error happens when I enable RBL checks for
>SpamAssassin. Does anybody have RBL checks enabled with MD 2.3 and SA 2.5 and
>running well? May be it's just FreeBSD (or Perl that came with OS distribution)
>issue?

I had to upgrade Perl to 5.8 as the 5.0 that comes with FreeBSD 4.3 did not work with half the extra Perl module stuff the MD/SA likes. It would not even compile properly because it missed functions in the Perl 5.0 it needed. I don't have the RBL enabled in SA/MD but they are enabled in Sendmail (spamhaus.org for one) on my system.

Is the other system running a more recent Perl that the 4.5 system?

Paul