[Mimedefang] Configure uvscan to scan inside a zip file.

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Thu Jun 26 16:18:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Lucas Albers <admin at cs.montana.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone configured File::Scan to scan inside zip files for virus?

I was about to ask the same thing, for the same reason.  There's a new
File::Scan 0.58 out that detects Sobig.e but not in its ZIP form.  I've
asked the author whether he's up for adding a pattern for the ZIP form of
it.

> There is a new virus W32/Sobig.e at MM
> (http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=100429) which showed up
> today.  It typically arrives in a zip file "your_details.zip".

Or "your_details.zi" (without the "p" for reasons explained on that site)
which fortunately makes it harder for users to infect their machines.  :-)

> I am currently blocking the attachment,

By name?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN