[Mimedefang] Configure uvscan to scan inside a zip file.

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Jun 26 16:55:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> Or "your_details.zi" (without the "p" for reasons explained on that site)
> which fortunately makes it harder for users to infect their machines.  :-)

   Somehow or another, we have a lot of campus users whose workstations
have ".zi" associated with WinZIP.  Not sure how that happened.  We are
getting hit by this.  I am going to filter that filename.

   Another thing I don't understand is this - with the default.pif inside
the zip file, apparently they dont have to manually launch the pif, just
by opening the zip file, it launches the enclosed .pif.  Anyone know how
that works?

Jim