[Mimedefang] Configure uvscan to scan inside a zip file.

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:11:02 EDT 2003

Has anyone configured File::Scan to scan inside zip files for virus?
A new sobig variant came out as a zip file attachment.

I sent throught a test sobig virus and it did not appear to detect the virus.

Details:
There is a new virus W32/Sobig.e at MM
(http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=100429) which showed up
today.  It typically arrives in a zip file "your_details.zip".

I am currently blocking the attachment, while I configure uvscan to scan
in zip files.

Uvscan is called with the --secure switch which should force it to scan
inside of a zip file.
Pertinent Line:
/usr/bin/mimedefang.pl

    # Run uvscan
    my($code, $category, $action) =
        run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:NAI'} . " --noboot --secure
--allole $path 2>&1", "Found");

Any ideas?