[Mimedefang] Too Many Open Files (again?)

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Tue Jun 17 18:36:01 EDT 2003

I cant speak for Solaris specifically, but isn't 'ulimit' all about max file
sizes for a specific user?  I dont think it has anything to do with the max
number of open file handles/inodes on a system.

I believe you mean the sysconf variable OPEN_MAX (or whatever it's called,
in Solaris).

In SVR4, it would be done by tuning things like VX_NINODE or UFSNINODE in
the stune file.  Under RedHat Linux, it's done with:
  # sysctl fs.file-max = value
...or by poking a new value into /proc/sys/fs/file-max.

Ken