[Mimedefang] Problems with MimeDefang 2.35 on FreeBSD

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:59:01 EDT 2003

>From: Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar>
>
>Spreadsheets, mostly. there is the ocasional pr0n video. I have a 6Mb per
>message maximum on sendmail.

6 MB is a little on the generous side IMO, but it shouldn't be a major
issue.

>It's no calling a virus scanner. it calls spamassassin, but acording to
>mimedang-filter, it doesn't call spamassassin if the msg is bigger than
>100k. I'll coment SA lines out in mimedefang-filter and see if that helps.
>
>I'm not absolutly, 100% sure it's MD. there are a lot of perl processes
>eating a lot of memory, and that memory gets freed as soon as I shut MD
>down.

Run up "top" and watch one coming in.  If you're running a tail -f of
/var/log/maillog at the same time it should be easy to see what's going on.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?