[Mimedefang] freebsd and clamav

John john at jjgb.com
Fri Jan 31 15:07:01 EST 2003

At 11:45 AM 1/31/03, you wrote:
>Hi, i'm trying to setup mimedefang on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE with sendmail and
>milter. I have it working at the moment with spamassasin but i also have
>clamav installed. I can't figure out how it detects if clamav is installed
>or not, because it doesn't seem to know it's there.
>
>Otherwise, is there a way to override the detection and force it to use
>clamscan anyway ?

Do a mimedefang.pl -features

If it's not there, re-compile mimedefang after clamAV is installed

Is your clamd daemon running?  Should be started prior to starting
mimedefang...

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous